Top 15 Food Prep Hacks
Here are our top 15 food hacks to make your weekly meal prep easier and faster. Prepping as much as you can ahead of time or in a quicker, simpler manner will make staying on plan and resisting cheat days that much more easy.
- Plan only a few days in advance. Helps cut down on food waste.
- Chop or spiral raw veggies beforehand. They should last 3-5 days.
- Roast vegetables with the same cook time in the oven together.
- Measure out portions in two, four, and eight ounces.
- Invest in good quality, reusable containers that can be frozen or are microwavable safe.
- Use meat skewers to quickly portion proteins and vegetables.
- Try making frittatas for a quick and easy breakfast. They should last 5 days.
- Instead of boiling eggs, bake them. In 30 minutes you can have 12 hard “boiled” eggs. Eggs are great for adding in a little extra protein for a snack or on a salad.
- Pre-assembled glass salad jars are becoming quite popular. Place all your dressings first, next add your protein, sliced veggies, then salad mix. Finally, under the lid place a small bit of paper towel to absorb moisture. Enjoy!
- In cold weather months, soups are ideal and making a big pot of soup at once is an easy time saver. You can later freeze portions for lunches and dinners for the week.
- Prep more than one flavor of meat at the same time by separating each with foil between sections.
- Prep area hacks: Set a timer so you don’t spend all your time in the kitchen. Buy precut/packaged veggies, like riced cauliflower. Last but not least have fun; turn on your music and prep away.
- Bag clips. Use your left over chip clips to hold your Ideal Protein food together for different days of the week.
- Make food with different spices to jazz up your weekly meals. Try ones by flavorgod.com. All spices freshly handmade.
- Prep meals ahead of time, freeze, and cook one at a time in your crock-pot. Set on low during the day to have a perfectly cooked meal by the time you get home