Survive Halloween This Year - Healthy Tips
Halloween Survival Tips
- Refrain from stocking up on your Halloween candy early. This way, you won’t be tempting yourself by having candy lying around the house.
- Buy candy you DON’T like!
- Give out healthier alternatives like pretzels, raisins or nuts
- Use trick or treating as exercise! Make an effort to walk to all of the houses in your neighborhood.
- Focus on activities that aren't related to candy or sweets. Try holding a pumpkin carving contest or a Halloween costume contest!
OUT OF SIGHT, OUT OF MIND
- Don’t let candy sit in your house after Halloween. Allow your kids to pick their favorites and then try to get rid of the rest. Bring the candy into work or give it to a neighbor.
- Have healthy snacks on hand! Make sure you have IP food handy and snack on a bar or chips if you get any cravings.