IDEAL PROTEIN RECIPES
Herb And Orange Grilled Chicken
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breast
- 8 fennel bulbs
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp orange peel grated
- 1 tsp. thyme chopped fine
- 1 tsp. rosemary chopped fine
- ½ cup Walden Farms Orange Spread chopped
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
In a small bowl, mix garlic, grated orange peel, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Make an incision in each chicken breast.
Combine orange spread, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar.
Place chicken on hot and oiled grill, approximately 8” from heat. Cook turning and basting with orange mixture every 5 minutes for approximately 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Quarter fennel bulbs. Blanch in salted, boiling water. Grill while basting.
Ginger and Coriander Skewered Steaks(BBQ or oven)-(Phases 1-4)
Preparation: 15 minutes
Marinating Time: minimum 1 hour
Cooking: 10 minutes
8 x 2 oz tenderloin steaks, 1-inch thick
4 green onions
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup olive oil
2 Tablespoons grated onion
2 Tablespoons fresh grated ginger root
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon turmeric
salt, to taste
Place 2 steaks side by side on a tray. Push one skewer diagonally through both steaks. Push a second skewer diagonally, in the opposite direction to the first skewer, to secure the 2 steaks
together, forming a cross with the 2 skewers. Thread half of a green onion on to the pointed end of each of the skewers. Repeat with remaining steaks, skewers, and green onions. Combine lime
juice, olive oil, onion, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, coriander, turmeric and salt in a bowl. Pour mixture over skewered steaks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
On barbecue, grill over medium-high heat for 3 minutes per side for rare, 4 minutes per side for medium rare, 6 minutes per side for well done. In oven, preheat broiler. Broil for 3 minutes per side for rare, 4 minutes per side for medium rare,6 minutes per side for well done. Skewer and marinate steaks up to 8 hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate. For a complete meal, serve these brochettes with a vegetarian chop suey. It is so easy to stir-fry some vegetables! And for the sauce, simply add the reserved marinade of the brochettes that you will have boiled beforehand. And make sure vegetables remain crispy-they are so much tastier and more nutritious that way!
Bacon Tuna Boats (Mayo-Free)
- 10 oz tuna fish
- 1/2 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (roughly 1/3 cup when sliced)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 rib celery, small dice (roughly a half cup)
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning Blend (or a seasoning blend you are comfortable with)
- 1 ripe avocado
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice (about a teaspoon)
- a few grinds of black pepper, to taste
- 2 English cucumbers
Start with your mis en place–slice the scallions, dice the celery and chop the parsley and cooked bacon. Open the cans of tuna fish and add to a large mixing bowl. Next add the scallions, bacon, celery, parsley and Mrs. Dash seasoning blend (or salt, MSG, gluten-free seasoning blend of your choice). Combine these ingredients.
In a separate bowl, mash an avocado with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice (about a teaspoon) into a sauce that resembles guacamole.
Add the avocado mash to the tuna and combine well. A few grinds of black pepper will finish the salad off, add according to your preference and mix one last time.
For the cucumber boats, I removed the plastic and gave them a wash. I cut the cucumbers into 2-3 inch sections, then halved lengthwise. To make the “boat”, simply use a spoon to remove the seeded centers, leaving the flesh and skin of the cucumber in tact.
Fill each boat with bacon tuna salad and garnish with additional chopped bacon and sliced scallions, if desired. This recipe will yield approximately 16 boats, depending on the size of your cucumbers. Great appetizer material!
Gourmet Sandwich Pockets
(Phase 1 Compatible)
Equivalent to 1 Ideal Protein Diet food. Yield: 1 serving
- 1 Ideal Protein Diet Orange Pancake
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/8 tsp dried basil
- 75 - 100 ml water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all together to a semi-thick batter. Pour onto a non-stick pie plate or spray a regular pan with "Pam". Cook for 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and let completely cool (approx. 15 minutes). Slice down the middle, make into halves. Open pockets the same as a pita bread. Suggested filling: Shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, cucumber, slivered green peppers, etc
Herb & Garlic Potato Rolls
Ideal Protein Potato Puree packet to make these potato rolls
- 1 pack of Ideal Protein Potato Puree
- 6 tbsp 100% Egg Beater Egg Whites or 2 egg whites
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp fresh rosemary or dash of dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp garlic
- Olive oil spray
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2. Whip egg whites until bubbly - not stiff.
- 3. Mix all other ingredients in with the whipped egg whites.
- 4. Spray 5 muffin tin slots with olive oil spray and pour mixture about ½ of the way full.
- 5. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth or water
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 jalapeño, cut into rings
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon whole mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup (or more!) Frank's Buffalo Sauce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 large seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- Walden Farms Ranch Dressing
Make the chicken. In a large saucepan, place chicken, water, garlic, jalapeño, bay leaf, salt, peppercorns, mustard seeds, and thyme. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low, 15-20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the chicken relax in its spa, covered, for 20-25 minutes. Remove the chicken from the water and shred with two forks, then toss with hot sauce.
Make the salad. In a large bowl, toss the salad ingredients with the dressing using two wooden spoons. Think of it as a mini cardio workout and toss for about two minutes so all the vegetables are coated with dressing. Top with shredded chicken and enjoy!
Ideal Protein Mango Sunrise
(Raspberry Flavored Gelatin)
- 1 packet of Ideal Protein Raspberry Gelatin
- 1 packet of Ideal Protein Peach Mango Drink
Mix the Ideal Protein Raspberry Gelatin and the Ideal Protein Peach Mango Drink in a bowl. Refrigerate until solid. Or freeze for an Ideal Protein Popsicle!!! It should separate into 3 'Sunrise' colors. Delicious enough to serve to guests!